– The city is well established in the proximity of Thar desert and its golden look could be observed in the city’s architecture, people and local streets. Jaisalmer has its own marvel as loaded with narrow streets which are flanked by plenty of Havelis, mahals and Golden fort.
About the Activity:
– No city could ever be experienced completely until its real beans are spilt out i. e. the local delicacies. This tour will take you around the city for a good 2 hours and allows you to taste some of the famous food.
– A trained guide will be assisting you while telling the stories of more than 7 mouthwatering and authentic delicacies of royal Jaisalmer that you will be tasting along.
– You will be tasting royal snacks like Dal Pakwan, kachori, samosa, variety of namkeens and Mirchi vadas. In between, you will be sipping hot masala tea in a clay pot while enjoying the glory of real Jaisalmer through the lens of street food.
– Another inclusion is witnessing the preparation of the most celebrated sweets and taste Gothua laddu, Panchdhari laddu, and different variety of mouth freshener (Paan) as the tour ends.
– If you are a true lover of delicious food, you must not miss this and rather delve into it.
*NOTE: Time slot available: 12 PM to 2 PM & 6 PM to 8 PM
Starting Point: Jaisalmer Fort Parking End Point: Gopa Chowk, Jaisalmer
Food walk tour
Friendly storyteller/guide with fluency in English and Hindi
Things To Carry
Water bottle (Since water kills the appetite and as per the principles of Yoga, water should be consumed only after 45 minutes of eating, we do not provide you water on the tour)
Hotel Pickup and Drop off are not included
This is a private tour
1. Stroll the lanes with oldest food shop of the city of lakes, taste variety of royal snacks like Dal Pakwan, kachori, samosa, variety of namkeens and mirchi vadas, taste of these will definitely delight you.
2. Witness the preparation of the most celebrated sweets in the princely state, some delicacies that even though did not originate from Jaisalmer but still are a part of its rich cuisine for centuries.
3. Sip a cup of masala chai tea in a clay pot with unmatched views of Jaisalmer, admire its beauty while doing what people like doing – eat.
4. Taste Jaisalmeri Sweets like Gothua laddu, Panchdhari laddu, and different variety of mouth freshener (Paan) and end the walk with a delicious dessert.